A Psychological Counseling programme was held on 28th March 2012 at the Homagama/ Wijayawardene Central college, Kiriwaththuduwa by the National Counseling Center. 438 participants including students, teachers and parents of the School were participated at the programme.
This programme was held in Tamil medium on 29th March 2012 at Ka/Mw/Aranayaka Thalgaspitiya Muslim Maha Vidyalaya. 562 participants including student, teachers, parents and old boys were actively participated at this program. A Special family counseling program was also organized for them. In addition to the awareness program individual counseling clinics were held at the request of the participants. Subjects covered were as follows.
- Psychological guidance for the personality development of the students
- Memory, learning techniques and skill development
- Psychological approaches to identify the problems of the students
- Stress management for the successful job life
- Important of family environment for the children’s education
- Good mental health habits for happy family life were the subjects covered at these programmes